Yadira is a Partner in Fogler Rubinoff’s Business Law department and is a member of the firm's Indigenous Business Law practice group.
Yadira has a diverse legal background, which includes experience with corporate, commercial, environmental, regulatory and procurement matters. She regularly advises on corporate governance, partnerships, joint ventures, purchase and sale of businesses, regulatory compliance and a range of corporate and commercial agreements.
A large part of her practice focuses on helping Indigenous governments and businesses across Canada achieve sustainable wealth creation. Yadira has extensive experience with both the private and public sector, and has represented clients in the areas of renewable energy development, health care services, municipal governance, and food & hospitality. Yadira is a published author and a public speaker. She is a former director of a national renewable energy education charity, and is a mentor with the Canadian Hispanic Bar Association.
MARCH 01 2017
What's "Trending Now" in Digital Advertising & Marketing Law
AUGUST 18 2016
Myriah Graves and Yadira Flores Featured in Lexpert's article "Beyond Grades"
Myriah Graves and Yadira Flores were interviewed by Lexpert Magazine in the article “Beyond Grades” which discusses how law firm are not just looking at transcripts when evaluating applicants – volunteer and previous work experience can also give you a leg up. Read the article here.
DECEMBER 16 2015
Change in Climate: Ontario Introduces Cap and Trade
DECEMBER 07 2015
Cap and Trade Design Options Up for Comment
NOVEMBER 16 2015
A Brief Look at Bill 135: The Energy Statute Law Amendment Act, 2015
MAY 01 2013
Highlights of the Safe Food For Industry
APRIL 01 2013
Bill On Local Food Act Re-Introduced
MARCH 01 2013
New Transition Plan for Natural Health Products
- Regulatory counsel to borrowers in connection with various construction loans and term financings relating to ground mount solar projects (2013 - 2015)
- Counsel to Canadian Solar in connection with sale of several 10MW solar power plants to BluEarth valued at $66 million each (2014) and in connection with sale of three 10 MW solar projects to Renewable Energy Trust (2014 - 2015)
- Nelson Aggregate Co., [unreported], 2012, Case #08-030 [JB]
- Suncor Energy Products Inc. v. Town of Plympton Wyoming 2014, ONSC 2934
- Canadian Solar - Visconti v. Director (MOE), ERT Case No. 13-078/13-082
- Speaker, What's Trending Now in Digital Advertising & Marketing Law Seminar "Contests on Social Media - Preparing Winning Rules and Ads," (February, 2017)
- Speaker at the Canadian Biogas Association 2016: “Value of Biogas” Conference & Forum – (March 22, 23, 2016)
- Speaker at Canadian Institute conference on "Consumer Product Safety Liability and Recalls" (2013)
- Former Director Relay Education (2015 - 2019)
- Mentor with the Canadian Hispanic Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Hispanic Bar Association
- Young Women in Law
- Admitted to Ontario Bar, 2011
- Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, J.D., 2010
- York University, B.A. Psychology, 2006