Bruce was admitted to the Ontario Bar in 1989, and has practiced civil and commercial litigation since. Bruce has particular experience and expertise in the following areas: shareholder and partnership disputes; commercial contract disputes; commercial landlord and tenant litigation and enforcement; real estate litigation including condominium disputes and title insurance defence; negligence and breach of fiduciary duty; secured and unsecured loan and mortgage enforcement and defence; estate and trust litigation; construction; fraud; creditors' rights and bankruptcy and insolvency litigation. Bruce represents individuals as well as businesses of all sizes in a broad range of industries involved in complex commercial disputes.
Bruce has appeared as lead counsel and before administrative and arbitral tribunals. He has successfully litigated before the trial and appellate levels of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Divisional Court, and the Court of Appeal of Ontario and on applications for leave to appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada.
In addition to his significant commercial litigation experience, Bruce has successfully resolved disputes through negotiation and mediation. Bruce is also trained as a certified mediator and is available to mediate a variety of civil and commercial disputes and to conduct civil and commercial arbitrations.
- CBAO - most recently, on a topic of debtor/creditor law
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association, 1989
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- Advocate's Society
- Association for International Arbitration
- ABA: Litigation – Trial Practice and Dispute Resolution Groups
- International Association of Jewish Lawyers and Jurists
- Stitt, Feld, Handy, Mediation Certificate, 2011
- Osgoode Hall, Intensive Trial Advocacy Program, 1995
- Osgoode Hall Law School, J.D., 1987