Bonnie is the Director of Legal Research and Coordinator of the Fogler Rubinoff Continuing Professional Development Program. Her practice involves legal research in connection with civil proceedings before the Ontario Courts, the Supreme Court of Canada and administrative tribunals.
Bonnie is an Adjunct Professor at the Faculty of Law, University of Toronto teaching Advanced Legal Research, Analysis and Writing and the 1st Year Program in Legal Research and Writing.
Bonnie has chaired and spoken at many conferences on legal research and lectured at the Bar Admission Course.
JANUARY 23 2018
Deloitte v. Livent: The Scope Of Auditor Negligence
In Deloitte & Touche v Livent Inc. (Receiver of) 2017 SCC 63 the Supreme Court of Canada revisited the scope of auditor liability for negligence...
JANUARY 11 2017
All in the Family - Using the Oppression Remedy to Resolve Family Business Disputes published in the Annual Review of Civil Litigation 2016
Nina Perfetto and Bonnie Fish co-authored "All in the Family - Using the Oppression Remedy to Resolve Family Business Disputes" published in the Annual Review of Civil Litigation 2016.
Regularly cited by appellate courts across Canada including the Supreme Court of Canada, the Annual Review of Civil Litigation has been providing leading edge coverage of the issues that matter to you for more than 10 years.
Each article in the 2016 Edition is designed to help you understand how new developments in Canadian law will affect your practice. Topics were carefully chosen and written by authors from across Canada. The Annual Review of Civil Litigation 2016 has a truly national flavour, relevant and appealing to litigators in every province and territory.
SEPTEMBER 19 2016
Bonnie Fish Looks to Make a Difference in Affordable Housing
Fogler Rubinoff Partner Bonnie Fish speaks with Law Times about her involvement over the last six years with the Kehilla Residential Programme and their annual Sukkahville event. To read the aritlce click here.
- "Where There's Smoke There's Fire? Using the Investigation Power Under Corporate Statutes to Combat Corporate Fraud", Annual Review of Civil Litigation (2018)
- "All in the Family: Using the Oppression Remedy to Resolve Family Business Disputes", Annual Review of Civil Litigation (2016)
- "Pointing the Finger at Professionals: The Responsibility of Gatekeepers for Corporate Governance Failures", Corporate Governance and Securities Regulation in the 21st Century (Butterworths, 2004)
- "The Business Judgment Rule", Commercial Litigation, Corporate Lawyer Series (Federated Press, 2000)
- Fish on Legal Research, DVD (Thomson Reuters, 2009-2018)
Admitted to Ontario Bar, 1984
Canadian Association of Law Teachers
Canadian Bar Association
Law Society of Upper Canada
Legal Research Lawyers Group, Toronto
Osgoode Hall Law School, LLM. 2003
Oxford University, D.L.S. 1986
Osgoode Hall Law School, LL.B. 1982
President Elect, Israel Cancel Research Foundation
Chair, Event Committee, Sukkaville Toronto
Board Member, Kehilla Residential Program
Former Member, Canada Law Book Advisory Board (2007-2010)
- Mentor, Revolving Tables, Israel Cancer Research Foundation Event for young professionals, March 2, 2017
- "Top Tools for Research and Fact Finding on the Internet", Technology for Lawyers, November 2004, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Chair and speaker "You've Got the Whole World in Your Hands: Using the Internet to Expand the Boundaries of Legal Research", May 2004, Ontario Bar Association
- "Electronic Legal Research: Get Caught in the Web", Technology for Lawyers, November 2003, Law Society of Upper Canada
- "Uses and Abuses of the Web", Research Tips for Corporate and Litigation Lawyers, May 2003, Ontario Bar Association
- "The Internet Is Not A One Way Street", LegalTech Toronto, November, 2002
- "Legal Research on the Web", Lawpro - Practicepro Technology Breakfast, September 2002
- Chair and speaker "Uses and Abuses of the Web", How Do I Find That? Internet Legal Research, May 2002, Ontario Bar Association
- "Where Did You Find That? Tips for Internet Research", LegalTech Toronto, November 2001
- "Useful Sites on the World Wide Web", Advising People with Disabilities and their Families, October 2001, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Chair and speaker "Favourite Sites and Search Engines" The Web, The Future of Legal Research? December 2000, Lorman Education Services
- Facilitator at, and an organizer of the Canadian Legal Research Network Annual Symposium,1999
- Moderator of a panel on "Preparing for Court: the Researcher's Role", Canadian Legal Research Network, Annual Symposium 1993