Parliament has adopted a $73-billion wage-subsidy bill to help Canadian businesses through the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the devil is in the details and a careful examination of the legislation is needed to determine whether any given employer will qualify for the subsidy.
Join us on Thursday April 30th at 1:30 pm for a webinar where our tax and employment lawyers will discuss what you need to know and provided answers to your pressing questions.
During this one-hour webinar we will review the legislation in detail and answer questions submitted by you in advance as well as those that we have been asked by our clients, including:
- Do I have to pay my employees their pre-COVID salary to receive the wage subsidy?
- Do non-arm's-length employees qualify?
- Do non-arm's-length employees qualify if they are remunerated in the form of dividends?
- Do non-arm's-length employees qualify if they didn't receive a payroll between January and March?
- How should an employer calculate revenue using cash basis accounting?
- Do employers have to top up payroll to 100%?
- I have a structure where one entity employs my employees and an affiliated entity invoices clients; do I still qualify?
Please register by e-mailing: email@example.com. Call-in details will be sent to all attendees in advance.
We encourage you to submit your questions in advance by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.