Fogler, Rubinoff is a mid-sized business law firm with approximately 240 support staff and lawyers. Our firm successfully balances high standards of professionalism with a congenial, flexible work environment for our staff and lawyers. We are committed to delivering responsive, quality service, advice and technical expertise and seek support staff that strive for excellence, are committed to client service and enjoy working as part of a team.
Fogler, Rubinoff offers a competitive compensation and benefits program including health & dental, life insurance, LTD and AD&D coverage.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is committed to a diverse workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified women and men, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Consider achieving your career goals with us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All resumes are reviewed and maintained for six months. Should we require more information, and/or need to arrange for an interview, we will contact you. Please, no inquiries. Thank you for your interest in Fogler, Rubinoff LLP.
Interested Candidates are invited to forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is currently recruiting for the following position(s):
Junior Legal Assistant - Floater
The duties and responsibilities of the Junior Legal Assistant include:
- Transcribe and type deeds, wills, affidavits, briefs, and other legal documents
- Process court documents from beginning to end
- Draft and amend correspondence through general instruction, standard format or dictation
- Open and distribute lawyer's mail and schedules appointments in calendar
- Maintain lawyer's files/records
- Handle administrative details with respect to accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, billing, etc., as specifically directed by lawyer
- Perform routine clerical, administrative and general office duties
- Certificate/Diploma from a recognized post-secondary legal program
- 2 years' relevant experience, working in a law firm
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2013
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player
- Working knowledge of ACL, Teraview and PPSA considered an asset
Legal Assistant - Litigation
The duties and responsibilities of the Intermediate Legal Assistant include:
- Dicta-typing; filing; keeping lawyers' calendars updated; updating internal database; scheduling examinations for discovery and other appointments
- Drafting correspondence and pleadings
- Preparing court forms, Affidavits of Documents, Undertakings, and other documents
- Opening and closing files; entering dockets; preparing accounts
- File organization
- Communicating with clients and third parties
- Minimum of 3-5+ years' commercial litigation experience
- Excellent computer skills including experience with 2013 MS Word, ACL, Legal Essence
- Proficient in Rules of Civil Procedure and Court forms
- Customer-service oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Conscientious with attention to detail
- A Professional demeanor